Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

RGRC Book #61 - The Devil in the White City

I read this book as the very first book selection for my beloved Ladies Book Club, or LBC as it is affectionately known.  I gave it a four-star review, and it has actually grown on me with time and distance.  I have copied my review from Goodreads below.



"Great murderers, like great men in other walks of activity, have blue eyes."
― Erik Larson, The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America

Review copied from Goodreads:

This book had a REALLY slow start, but it's worth sticking with it! I agree with other reviewers who say that it's easy to forget that this is a work of NON-fiction. It is a truly interesting book, especially at the end, though it is profoundly sad in a way. I would recommend it to anyone who likes non-fiction, history, true crime, or just something different.

No comments: